Welcome to the web page of John Kahler! That’s me, pretty much. Most of the site is dedicated to my reviews of games, but you will find other stuff too, like places to find some great free software, all of which I’ve tried out myself. Plus some odds and sods on my collection of fountain pens. Another interest that burns holes in my pockets.
In terms of games, I’ve got reviews on my fave console, the Dreamcast, plus Saturn, GameCube, XBOX, XBOX 360, PC, Neo Geo Pocket, and links to some other excellent gaming related sites.
And mostly everything’s in metric also for us Aussies.
Plus all off site links always open in a new window (or tab), so you don’t lose my page.
Check out the Information Request List, below, which basically lists things I need help finding information on. If anyone has info regarding whats listed, Id be pleased to hear about it. Plus if you have a web site related to any of the topics, Ill most probably include it on my Links/ Cool Stuff page, if you wish.
For a while now theres been additional text & images that appear on your VMS / VMU, if youre using a Dreamcast to view this site. Be sure to check the Dreamcast page for a vibrator bonus. (May not be compatible with all browser versions. Works good with the browser in Sonic Adventure 2!)
So, yeah, this is my new address too, and no longer hosted by Beagle Internet. If you still have links in your bookmarks, or your own web site, to my old address, or even the one at TelPacific, (which was back in 2007,) then youll need to update to
this new address. As of January 2014, the joint’s been having a bit of an overhaul as well. But, youll still find all the usual stuff here. No donations are required either.
Check out my Morrowind related site too! (Click on the bullet / spotty thing to the left.)
Information Request List:
| If anybody has that old nVidia large texture demo program for Windows ’95 (& up, I think,) with the penthouse, the lion fountain thing and the little bug dealie, please let me know. This is pre-GeForce video cards, as far as I know. Like from the TNT range. I haven’t seen it for probably 22 odd years or more, and I don’t know what it’s called.
| There was a music video I saw in 1998 with these guys fighting in a ring, but they were holding up signs with messages on them that hurt them instead. In the end, one of the guys holds up this one that says LOSER! & the other guy hits the dust. If anyone knows what it was, please let me know! It was on Rage, I think, but it might have come out before 1998.
Send your e-mail after youve read my conditions. See the link below.
(Contacting me? You should read my conditions page. Dont say I didnt warn you! )
Last updated: Monday, 5th of December, 2022
• The Sonic @ Sega World Page — I’ve now also uploaded my photo of the statue of Sonic & Sally, which for some reason is being marked as “mature content” @ DeviantArt. And who knows what they’re doing with that joint?
• The News Page — mostly me rambling on about what’s been happening.
• The Music Page — I added 2 more CDs that I have.
• The Computer Cock-Up Page — Some Mac OS X Leopard piccies this time.
• The Gadgets Page — I just updated some stuff about my Sennheiser PXC 480 headphones.
• The 2013 Music Video Page — I added Magic Of Love by Perfume.
• The Electronic Circuits Page — I updated some tips for the DC power supply circuit.
• The 2015 Music Videos Page — I added Midnight Swing by Peggy Hsu.
• The Software Review Of The Moment — Back to Corel DRAW 8 this month (November).
• The Oblivion Review — You can now get my Ayleid Mansion plug-in and mesh fix pack!
• The Screen Shots Of The Moment Page — a few more funny pictures from Oblivion, and some regular ones.
For The News Page.
For anyone who wishes to include a link on their site to mine, please feel free to use any of these images:
(You can link directly to them or copy them. Please make your link to my index.html file, unless you’re referring to something specific.)
Stuff About Viewing This Site:
Best viewed with ya resolution set to 1024 × 768 pixels or probably a lot higher really. 1600 × 1200 pixels is good if you can manage it.
Even with my site redesign, you should still be able to use old Netscape 7. It’s also been tested in Firefox 2, Opera 12, MineField 4.2, Camino 2.1, OmniWeb 5.1, Aurora(Fox) and Pale Moon 20, although Pale Moon has a bug displaying the longer table backgrounds. (It seems to be fixed in version 27.) Some browsers may not display the images with alpha channels correctly or display table backgrounds at all (like Internet Explorer 5.5 & 6). (Firefox, Pale Moon and Safari may give you error messages about missing plugins which relates to the Dreamcast only stuff so just ignore it.) There are no plans for optimal Dreamcast support.