Welcome to the web page of John Kahler! That’s me, pretty much. Most of the site is dedicated to my reviews of games, but you will find other stuff too, like places to find some great free software, all of which I’ve tried out myself. Plus some odds and sods on my collection of fountain pens. Another interest that burns holes in my pockets.
In terms of games, I’ve got reviews on my fave console, the Dreamcast, plus Saturn, GameCube, XBOX, XBOX 360, PC, Neo Geo Pocket, and links to some other excellent gaming related sites.
And mostly everything’s in metric also for us Aussies.
Plus all off site links always open in a new window (or tab), so you don’t lose my page.
Check out the Information Request List, below, which basically lists things I need help finding information on. If anyone has info regarding whats listed, Id be pleased to hear about it. Plus if you have a web site related to any of the topics, Ill most probably include it on my Links/ Cool Stuff page, if you wish.
For a while now theres been additional text & images that appear on your VMS / VMU, if youre using a Dreamcast to view this site. Be sure to check the Dreamcast page for a vibrator bonus. (May not be compatible with all browser versions. Works good with the browser in Sonic Adventure 2!)
So, yeah, this is my new address too, and no longer hosted by Beagle Internet. If you still have links in your bookmarks, or your own web site, to my old address, or even the one at TelPacific, (which was back in 2007,) then youll need to update to
this new address. As of January 2014, the joint’s been having a bit of an overhaul as well. But, youll still find all the usual stuff here. No donations are required either.
Check out my Morrowind related site too! (Click on the bullet / spotty thing to the left.)
Information Request List:
| If anybody has that old nVidia large texture demo program for Windows ’95 (& up, I think,) with the penthouse, the lion fountain thing and the little bug dealie, please let me know. This is pre-GeForce video cards, as far as I know. Like from the TNT range. I haven’t seen it for probably 24 odd years or more, and I don’t know what it’s called.
If you have old demo CDs from magazines that might have it, please let me know.
| There was a music video I saw in 1998 with these guys fighting in a ring, but they were holding up signs with messages on them that hurt them instead. In the end, one of the guys holds up this one that says LOSER! & the other guy hits the dust. If anyone knows what it was, please let me know! It was on Rage, I think, but it might have come out before 1998.
Send your e-mail after youve read my conditions. See the link below.
(Contacting me? You should read my conditions page. Dont say I didnt warn you! )
Last updated: Saturday, 30th of September, 2023
(The time is always Australian EST.)
• The News Page — mostly me rambling on about what’s been happening & having a good rant at times.
• The 2023 Music Videos Page — I added Kawaii Memorial by Tokimeki Sendenbu & Chō Medetai Songu ~ Konnani Shiawase De Ii No Ka Na? from Fruits Zipper.
• The Downloads Page — I added some more notes about AV-Friendly, plus I’ve updated my Credits Slider program for Mac OS X, to a mini version, which doesn’t take up as much screen space.
• The 2022 Music Videos Page — I added Summer Day Mega Drive / Genesis by The Lethal Weapons
• The Computer Page — I updated stuff about my computers, including the one that died last month.
• The Titlers Page — I’ve updated 2 of the available titler programs to new mini editions, which take up less room on your monitor. Plus, I’ve added the mini version of Super Dots, which was never available before. Unless you requested it. And nobody ever did.
• The Music Page — I added a link to Dancing In The Light by A•ZU•NA.
• John’s Computer Rambling (PDF file)
• The Software Review Of The Moment — Back to Winamp.
• The new Media Players Review Thing — I added more stuff about VLC and also a picture of what appears to be the original Windows Media Player.
• The Cool Stuff Page — I added 2 more free programs: The Q-Dir file manager and CDDA Ripper XP, which also runs under Windows 7.
• The 2015 Music Videos Page — I added a link to O, O, O Kako Bilo Bi Lepo by Dejan Vunjak & Na Kostolnej Veži by Kandráčovci.
• The 2020 Music Videos Page — I added another Patty Gurdy tune & more.
• The Oblivion Review — I added more tips and things of interest.
• The Screen Shots Of The Moment Page — more pictures from Oblivion, so check out the funny & weird ones!
For The News Page.
For anyone who wishes to include a link on their site to mine, please feel free to use any of these images:
(You can link directly to them or copy them. Please make your link to my index.html file, unless you’re referring to something specific.)
Stuff About Viewing This Site:
Best viewed with ya resolution set to 1024 × 768 pixels or probably a lot higher really. 1600 × 1200 pixels is good if you can manage it.
Even with my site redesign, you should still be able to use old Netscape 7. It’s also been tested in Firefox 2, Opera 12, MineField 4.2, Camino 2.1, OmniWeb 5.1, Aurora(Fox) and Pale Moon 20, although Pale Moon has a bug displaying the longer table backgrounds. (It seems to be fixed in version 27.) Some browsers may not display the images with alpha channels correctly or display table backgrounds at all (like Internet Explorer 5.5 & 6). (Firefox, Pale Moon and Safari may give you error messages about missing plugins which relates to the Dreamcast only stuff so just ignore it.) There are no plans for optimal Dreamcast support.